Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Definition of a Cold Deck

Sometimes I think that the sign of a good poker player isn't necessarily how much he wins at the table; but how little he loses.
Here's an experience at the $1/$3 NL table at Caesar's one morning last week.  I woke up with pocket Queens.  My opponent had pocket Aces.  He won.  The very next hand, I got pocket Kings.  A different opponent got the Aces.  He won.  Before the button had finished its orbit, I got pocket Jacks.  A third opponent this time got the Aces and won.  After that hand, I had to get up and walk away . . . I was just too bewildered.
As far as the question of good/bad poker player goes, you tell me:  I started the session with $700 and finished with $500.  I lost $200 at that table, but easily could have gotten felted -- three times!
I really hope that I don't have anything like that happen to me again!

No comments: