Monday, August 11, 2008

Over a week of No Poker !!!

I really hate to be away from poker for such a long time.  And it nearly always happens just as I start to find myself "in the zone" poker-wise.  I'm making really good reads; betting just the right amounts; folding when I'm beat and raising when I'm not, etc.  Then, I take a long break . . . and when I get back to it, I have to start all over again from (what feels like) zero.
So I don't have any new poker stories to share.  I guess I will talk about the World Series some more, and some poker I have coming up.
One of the things I found myself doing during the WSOP, particularly since I was so short-stacked almost the whole time, is looking at the tournament clock and determining how much time was left in the level we were playing.  I started to ask myself whether I would be able to survive to the next level, as if that were the goal I had set.  I realized that I was playing around four hands each hour, and winning three of them, and that was enough to keep my chip stack stable.  Four hands an hour isn't much; it lets you play really tight.
===========================================
Here's a shout-out to my coworker Jon, from Boston.  He played in a NL rebuy tourney at Foxwoods last month and finished 6 out of 91 for a $1300 payday.  Congrats Jon!
===========================================
Meanwhile, I am headed to Boston myself in mid-September for a nine-day series of meetings and classes at HQ.  During the weekend of 9/13, I will head down to Foxwoods and spend the weekend there.  I've done that before during long trips back to HQ.  I'm trying to talk Jon into going out there too.  He's more of a stud player but as you can see from above he's decent at NLH also.

No comments: