Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Poker Round-Up, Day 2

Thursday I bought into the $200 no-limit tournament, along with 386 other players.  The game started at noon and lasted until forever.  I finished 28th, which was good enough for $250.  Woo-hoo!  Now I actually have some stats to go with my otherwise-empty Hendon Mob database entry.

I was out by 8pm, so I went over to the cash games.  But I was completely wiped out.  I had been SO FOCUSED during the tournament that I just didn’t have any brainpower left for the cash game.  I went through the motions for about an hour, then gave it up and went back to the motel for the night.

There are plenty of C- and D-list pros in attendance; basically the ones that seem to show up every year.  I’m talking about Linda Johnson, Marsha Waggoner, Susie Isaacs, Vince Borgio, Howard “Tahoe” Andrew, and “Oklahoma” Johnny Hale (the last three I actually played against in either the tourney or a cash game).  The one player who isn’t here that I expected to see is Tom McEvoy.  There’s a big tournament going on at the Bellagio right now, so perhaps he is there instead.

No comments: