Monday, June 9, 2008

Your Advice Please, Part II

I’m going to drag this out a bit longer.  Read the previous entry “Your Advice Please” to set up this next question.

I smooth-called.  Basically, I put one of my two early opponents on Ace-King, and couldn’t bear the thought of drawing almost dead to a flopped Ace or King.

The flop was Seven of Spades, Ten of Clubs, Six of Spades.  The small blind checks; it’s up to you now.  What do you do?  (For me, it was almost a no-brainer.)

In a quest to determine just how exploitive I can be, I will not post further for a few more days and let you comment on this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not knowing these players well - just reading the scenario without adding in a crazy/donk factor - I would have to put them on big Ace, small pockets/AK, and weak Ace/KQ/KJ - respectively. The flop blanks everyone but the possible pockets. I'd push, hoping the pockets did not hit. Plus the flop favors a traditional BB hand, so you'll likely get everyong to fold except the pockets, which you are likely well ahead of at this point. Then again, I am generally overly aggressive on pockets like this - and do get hurt often by them... But I don't see any other option in this case when you look at the stacks/position/flop.